- The Sickening was founded by guitarist Markspist (ex-Slagmark) & drummer Beist (ex-Slagmark, ex- Blood Red Throne).They got some other members to complete the band: Avsky (Violated, ex-Slagmark), Hans Wik (Violated) & Ola Langli (Cleaver, ex-Panzerskrekk). But due to other commitments, this line-up did not stay alive.
- Over the next few years, more dedication was put into this project and it was decided by Beist & Markspist that once again they wanted to make The Sickening into a full-time band.
- The band became a full quartet with the addition of Stjernestøv on vocals and Neeraj Kasbekar (ex-Slagmark) on bass.
- They recorded their first demo "Soiled Rotten" at Concrete Studio with Espen “Dr. Rock” Pedersen (Chapter in Hate, ex-Breed).
- They started playing gigs to promote the demo.
- The band did many gigs onwards, playing most major cities of Norway, supporting acts like Blood Tsunami, Mindgrinder & The Allseeing I, as well as festivals like Inferno Kick-off, Oslo Deathfest & Piggtrådfestivalen.
- By end of the summer they recorded their debut album "Death Devastation Decay", also with Dr. Rock and had the album mastered by Dan Snawö (Katatonia, Bloodbath).
- They had their first international gig in St. Petersburg, Russia, co-headlining the Petrogrind Festival.
- Neeraj had to take a break from the band due to his studies and Olve Kroknes (Sodomy Club, ex- Slagmark) stepped in to handle the bass.
- By end of the year, The Sickening signed a 2-record deal with Spanish label Xtreem Music.
- The band continued promoting their material and playing gigs all across Norway, including few mini-tours with Blood Red Throne & Sulphur. As well as a Finland tour with Inferia.
- The debut album "Death Devastation Decay" was released through Xtreem Music.
- Completing his studies, Neeraj has returned to the ranks of The Sickening once again for the bass.
- During June the band toured Germany & Croatia including the Deathfeast festival (Germany).
- Soon after the tour, the band parted ways with Stjernestøv due to personal differences.
- The bands original singer Avsky has once again rejoined the ranks of The Sickening.
- During the summer, we decided to concentrate on composing songs for the next album, and thus only took part at 1 show, the Eisenwahn Festival in Germany.
- In November we played Sweden & UK as part of "The Sign of Hell Tour" supporting Gorgoroth, Vader & Valkyrja.
- The band took an extensive break for every member to sort out things in their personal lives.
- Did only one tour, supporting Vomitory on their Blastfest tour of Norway along with Byfrost and Blodspor.
- Due to some health issues, vocalist Stig had to part with the band.
- Thus The Sickening has decided to stay as a 3-man group with Markspist taking over vocal duties.
- From late autumn the band entered FX Arena to record their sophomore album "Sickness Unfold".
- Taking a break in recording (partly due to holiday season), The Sickening did a one-off show in Trondheim with Irr and Cleaver to finish off the year.
- The band had an almost all year hiatus, as all members had to prioritize their private life, but when time, working with mixing the upcoming album.
- We were going to start of the year performing at the Blastfest in Bergen, Norway, but unfortunally had to cancel due to an injury caused to our frontman Markspist.
- We have finished mixing the album (that started almost 2 years ago) this summer and released in through label Xtreem Music on July 20th.
- Guitarist Andreas Bruheim (ex- No Dawn) has joined as the latest addition to the band in August.
"We are the Plaguebearers, await pestilence & destruction from our rotting corpses!"
Death Devastation Decay
XM 073 CD
Brutal Death Metal
XM 185 CD
Brutal Death Metal
If you run a zine, webzine or you need high quality graphic stuff about the band, you can download here a .ZIP file with: Pictures, Logos and Album cover.