- The Sickening was founded by guitarist Markspist (ex-Slagmark) & drummer Beist (ex-Slagmark, ex- Blood Red Throne).They got some other members to complete the band: Stig (Violated, ex-Slagmark), Hans (Violated) & Ola Langli (Cleaver, ex-Panzerskrekk). But due to other commitments, this line-up did not stay alive.
- Over the next few years, more dedication was put into this project and it was decided by Beist & Markspist that once again they wanted to make The Sickening into a full-time band.
- The band became a full quartet with the addition of Stjernest on vocals and Neeraj (ex-Slagmark) on bass.
- They recorded their first demo "Soiled Rotten" at Concrete Studio with Espen “Dr. Rock” Pedersen (Chapter in Hate, ex-Breed).
- They started playing gigs to promote the demo.
- The band did many gigs onwards, playing most major cities of Norway, supporting acts like Blood Tsunami, Mindgrinder & The Allseeing I, as well as festivals like Inferno Kick-off, Oslo Deathfest & Piggtr festivalen.
- By end of the summer they recorded their debut album "Death Devastation Decay", also with Dr. Rock and had the album mastered by Dan Swanö (Katatonia, Bloodbath).
- They had their first international gig in St. Petersburg, Russia, co-headlining the Petrogrind Festival.
- Neeraj had to take a break from the band due to his studies and Olve (Sodomy Club, ex- Slagmark) stepped in to handle the bass duties.
- By end of the year, The Sickening signed a 2-record deal with Spanish label Xtreem Music.
- The band continued promoting their material and playing gigs all across Norway, including few mini-tours with Blood Red Throne & Sulphur. As well as a Finland tour with Inferia.
- The debut album "Death Devastation Decay" was released through Xtreem Music.
- Completing his studies, Neeraj has returned to the ranks of The Sickening once again for the bass.
- During June the band toured Germany & Croatia including the Deathfeast festival (Germany).
- Soon after the tour, the band and singer Sigve decided to part ways due to personal differences.
- The bands original singer Stig (Violated) has once again rejoined the ranks of The Sickening.
- The band has concentrated mainly on composing new songs for their follow-up album to DDD. We are planning to enter studio to record and within next year have the album released.
- During the summer, we deicided to concentrate on composing and thus only took part at 1 show, the Eisenwahn Festival in Germany.
- In November we played Sweden & UK as part of "The Sign of Hell Tour" supporting Gorgoroth, Vader & Valkyrja.
- The band took an extensive break for every member to sort out things in their personal lives.
- Did only one tour, supporting Vomitory on their Blastfest tour of Norway.
- Due to some health issues, vocalist Stig had to part with the band
- Thus The Sickening has decided to stay as a 3-man group with Markspist taking over vocal vocal duties.
- From late autumn the band entered FX Studio to record their sophomore album "Consumed by Hate"
- Taking a break in recording (partly due to holiday season, The Sickening did a one-off show in Trondheim with Irr and Cleaver to finish off the year.
"We are the Plaguebearers, await pestilence & destruction from our rotting corpses!"
Death Devastation Decay
XM 073 CD
Brutal Death Metal
Si tienes una revista, webzine o simplemente necesitas material gráfico de alta calidad sobre la banda, aquí te puedes descargar un archivo .ZIP con: Fotos, Logos y Portada del álbum.